The Cry Kindle Daily Deal today in UK, Germany and France.
I’m so chuffed with the response to The Cry so far.
It’s the daily deal in Kindle today if you’d like a read. 99p in the UK.
Here’s a few of the responses:
– Nominated for Guardian Not The Booker Prize
– Independent on Sunday: ‘It is astonishingly good. It is utterly harrowing, completely plausible, constantly nerve-shredding.’
– The Big Issue: ‘FitzGerald is an expert at pulling the rug out from under the reader’s feet. Thriller-writing of the very highest order…”
– Book’d Out: ‘Heartbreaking, shocking and utterly gripping.’ 5*
– So Many Books, So Little Time: ‘I would recommend this book to everyone, no matter what genre you like as it is a great read that packs a punch and leaves you wanting more.’ 5*
– The Herald: ‘It’s a book you find yourself greedily gulping down.’ Interview here.
– But Books Are Better: ‘Brilliantly executed… emotional whirlpool which leaves its marks long after the final page has been turned. Highly recommended!’
– Eurocrime: ‘A very difficult, but compelling, read … Helen FitzGerald deals with a hard subject very sympathetically and I shall look out for more by this author.’
– Secret Sales: ‘A non-stop psychological roller coaster from start to finish.’
– Book Oxygen: ‘Plenty of twists to keep us guessing… FitzGerald picks just the right small physical details to skewer each agonizing moment.
– Shaz’s Book Blog: ‘Once you started you just could not put down and even though I thought I knew how it was all going to end I was wrong…’
– Mint Velvet: ‘A physiological thriller with a moral dilemma that keeps you guessing at the turn of every page.’
– Liz Loves Books: ‘Beautifully written, characters you will relate to and feel for and a story that could so easily be truth… Cry? Oh yes. Indeed I did.’
– Crime Fiction Lover: ‘2013 has already proved to be a strong year for psychological fiction but The Cry is without question the best yet.’ 5*
Lovereading: ‘Highly recommended, read it and then all her others, particularly The Donor. She is very special.’
Just a minute, I’m busy: ‘I absolutely loved it … If you’re looking for a book that is guaranteed to generate some great discussions at your next book club coffee morning, then this one is definitely it.’
The Times: ‘2013’s answer to The Slap.’ http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/books/fiction/article3872545.ece